Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yup...I went there....

I kissed a work colleague....and I liked it.
Of course, I open this post in such a way as this will be of great shock value to MD and Al.
I have been away from the office this week, attending a training session for work (which will make this even more infuriating for MD and Al as they cannot debrief with me - though I'm sure to expect an "Emergency Meeting" request for next week through my Blackberry the moment I hit "post" on this). This training also incorporates all the other people at the organisation who do what I do at work, but in other states (STS). It is the fact that this person lives outside of Melbourne that I use to justify not one, but two nights of childish pashing (and the anticipation of another two before he boards the plane home). Surely it's OK to pash a guy you technically work with, if he lives interstate?
It's not that it's serious - just an ego boost really. I'm only a recent recruit to the single life, so I use the great advice of people in the know about relationships...namely Sally (as in, When Harry Met Sally) who quite rightly says: "He's supposed to be the transitional man, he's not supposed to be the one". And although the context is different, I figure I can use that to my advantage. Isn't it a good idea to get the transitional guy out of the way so that you can make room for the one?
Maybe it's even simpler than that. As Dallas said to me tonight: "do you just need some cake"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. You are not getting any work done until I hear more about this, young lady!

And very pleased to hear that 'Cake' is catching on.

Anonymous said...

I kissed a work colleague....and I liked it.

That's a relief. So your colleagues have no lip defects then?

It's not that it's serious - just an ego boost really.

Try discussing politics with yourself in front of the mirror for a while. That helps.

Do you just need some cake?

Yes, actually.

adelaine said...

haha.. don't try, never know :)