Monday, January 19, 2009

My Package

Now that MD and Al have had a good laugh about this silly situation, I thought you might appreciate an update on my package.
Ladies and gentlemen, my package has been found! Nearly 2 weeks after it’s disappearance, I received a phone call at work. A phone call from Michelle. I have no idea who Michelle is, however, she says during said phone call (quite fast and without taking a breath): “I know this might sound like a strange question, but did you send me a DVD? It’s just that the note inside says it’s from Deb and you are the first Deb in the work directory, so I thought I’d ring you and ask you if you sent me a DVD….” I had to stop the poor girl, she was in such a tizz. I confirmed that yes, the package was sent from me, and no, it was not for her. She seemed a little disappointed, but told me she’d drop the package to me at my desk.

20 seconds after hanging up, she was at my desk.
Turns out Michelle is new, and sits about 15 metres away from me.

All that stress of wondering where my package was, and worrying who had received it, and it was that close all along.
Dorothy was right, you should never go looking any further than your own back yard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than a girl losing her package. Oh dear, what will you think? Two inane comments in a row.

Jayne said...

LMFAO
Oh, Deb, you've let poor Michelle down so badly now :P

Anonymous said...

Ladies and gentlemen, my package has been found!

Obviously you had Mr. Poirot on your case.

Deb said...

Andrew, I would be offended if no-one picked up on the obvious invitations for innane comments. You just seem to be the quickest at making them!
I know Jayne, I'll have to send her some branded merchandise in the internal mail to make up for her loss.
Yes Rueben, yes I did

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. What was lost is found. Should I read further back to discover more about the actual content of said package?

Deb said...

Rhubarb: Yes, read further back and it should all make sense :-)

Anonymous said...

Lucky for Andrew he didn't have to hear me make even more inane innuendo at our desks!